The Gravel Explorer XLT took some cues from the BC Bike Race: Five (5) epic days of gravel, the BC Bike Race has always focused on multi-day excursions and will stay true to its fifteen-year history. Secondly the nature of the routes will aim to challenge the concept of what a gravel bike is capable of by situating in this region loaded with varied terrain – wineries, the Kettle Valley Railway (KVR) and excellent off-road access – all these will guarantee a wide palate of cycling delights for all of the participants.
You choose your options for each stage location. Accommodation is not included in the entry fee.
- Penticton Lakeside Resort – Host Hotel! Call 1-800-663-9400 or email email@example.com a let them know you are a part of the BC Bike Race to get the group rate.
- Penticton Hotel Options
- CC Orchards
- Naramata Centre
- Sandy Beach Lodge & Resort
- The Village Motel
- Naramata Courtyard Suites
- Bed & Breakfasts & Inns
We will be exploring the beautiful Okanagan Region. The event will be based in Penticton located in the South Okanagan Valley which stretches along the south side of Okanagan Lake.
Getting to the Start/Finish:
- Each day the Start & Finish of each course will be in the same location so plan to get yourself (drive) to the start/finish line.
- Each stage will be in a different zone and will be announced in the spring!
Travelling by Vehicle:
- Penticton is centrally located in the Southern Interior of BC and is conveniently located along the HWY 97 corridor which is easily accessed by HWY 1 and HWY 3.
Travelling by Air:
- We recommend flying into the Penticton Regional Airport.
- You can also fly into the Kelowna International Airport which is approximately a 1 hour drive to Penticton.
BCBR will be teaming up with a few experienced racers in the spring of 2022 to offer you some training tips, programs and point you in the direction of gravel training camps to get you prepared for our 5 day stage race. For now, keep fit and keep up the winter training!! Follow us on Facebook & Instagram to keep up to date on the newest information.
TaG Gravel Explorer Training
In partnership with our friends at TaG, check out the training tips that they have prepared to get you race ready!